Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Contemplation for Tuesday

I guess God thought I needed some personal practice using the Bible verses I had my kids study just last Tuesday.

What is worse than having your car wrecked?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
How about having your car you've only had for TEN weeks wrecked?


What is worse than having your car you've only had for ten weeks wrecked?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hmmm....probably being the one to wreck your new car.





What is worse than being the one to wreck your car?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I think being the one to wreck your other car into your new car


And what is worse than being the one to wreck your car into your new car?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
How about being the one to wreck the car you just recently paid off into the car you recently purchased?





Yes, that would be me.

Ironically, we were taking the Highlander down to Lexington for an oil change when just past the intersection of 25 and the 460 bypass Earl, who was driving the SUV, stopped suddenly and I, in the car, didn't. Well, until I crashed into his bumper.

So this week, Monday was the loser. I hesitate to say it can't get much worse, but really....I'm tempted!

However, in honor of Tolerable Tuesday, I am thankful.

I'm thankful that Earl, Anna and myself were all uninjured. As my mom so eloquently put it - it's just money, and we're just using it to fix vehicles and not plan a funeral.

I'm thankful my beautiful new Highlander wasn't too badly damaged. It just needs a new bumper and a dent removed. The Camry on the other hand.......it's baaaaaaad. REALLY bad. I'm shocked at how pancaked it became in a relatively low speed collision.

I'm thankful that we never got around to slicing the "extras" off our insurance policy.

I'm very thankful that I am married to a wonderful, understanding man who is not blaming me for obviously not paying quite enough attention to the road in front of me.

And I'm extremely thankful that I bought a big bag of super yummy Hershey's Bliss Dark Chocolate on Sunday.

I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment