Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Christmas Eve Eve

Libby is SUCH a terror tot! She is seriously into everything. I've had to get creative to keep her out of trouble because, realisticly, I can't keep my eyes, hands, and attention on her 24 hours a day. (Technically it's more like 10 since she's a good sleeper *THANK GOD* but you get the drift....)

I rigged up a baby cage. Kind of like how you'd crate an energetic puppy, you know? Place some baby gates in strategic positions and - voila! - a baby jail!



As you can see, Libby isn't too fond of the confinement. I, on the other hand, think it is fabulous. I actually got my dishes loaded into the dishwasher without having to clean up a mess on scale with a natural disastor.


Libby has also decided that our Christmas tree is simply irresistable. As a result, the ornaments keep migrating north, out of her reach. This wasn't a good tree year to begin with, but it's definitely looking a bit top heavy now. I'm almost looking forward to taking the tree down. No, scratch that. I'm totally looking forward to taking the tree down this year. I pull Libby away from it 589 times an hour.

To save my sanity and get the kids some socializing, I took them to a friend's house. She babysits during the day and with the addition of my two there was a grand total of eight kidlets between 4 months and 5 years. Fun times! You couldn't pay me enough..... =) We stayed for lunch and all involved had a jolly good time.
Notice Libby trying to steal Alexis' sippy. hehehe.

Once home, I tossed Libby into her crib for a much-needed nap. Then I set Anna up with a Santa bath - an idea I stole from Lesley (because all the good ideas are the ones you snag from someone else). I filled the tub with lots of hot water and an abundance of bubbles. Anna was served a festive plate of milk and cookies to enjoy while she splashed. She loved it! Thank you, Lesley!


We finished the day by dining on some scrumptious homemade calzones for dinner and watching How the Grinch Stole Christms. All in all it was a great Christmas Eve Eve. Can't wait for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment