Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is there a better start to a weekend?

This morning I was able to enjoy one of the best moments of life - not waking up to the sound of an alarm....or crying baby....or persistant kindergartener....or....you get the picture. Just pure sunlight filtering through the curtains. And my first thought, upon waking, was not "Uggghhhh...it's morning AGAIN?!" or ""You've gotta be kidding me! What time is it?!" or what was a common thought this week "I think I'm gonna die!" Nope, instead my first thought was "Ahhh. I feel rested!"

As the rest of the house still snoozed I was able to get a SHOWER. In the MORNING. First THING! Wow. It's going to be a good day!

Out of the shower, dressed, and......family still slumbers. On to coffee!

Got the coffee started, turned on the news, contemplated breakfast....still no wakeful kidlets.

Close to 8 am, Anna comes stumbling down the stairs. Her first words, "I made my bed, Momma."

Seriously! She did! Did it make you cry tears of joy, too? Okay, probably not. But it made me pretty darn happy!

My little Libby Dibbers woke up and was content to play. Before breakfast. WOW! She never does that! Usually she demands to be deposited directly into her highchair upon waking. Not today. Today is a good day. Today is a great day!

We decided on pancakes for breakfast and I was able to get them on the table without any meltdowns.

We are all on the mend from "Energizeritis" (otherwise known as H1N1 and Bronchitis) and I think it's going to be a good weekend.

It's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment