Friday, January 8, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Ah, the snow day! A child's (and teacher's) best winter surprise.

Yesterday, just the threat of a "snow storm" (2-5 inches of snow) was enough to close our school - along with just about every school in the state.

Bill Meck didn't let us down, and sure enough around 8am, just as predicted, the snow started falling. By the afternoon we had a nice white layer that almost covered the grass.

I spent a good half an hour dressing the girls in layers and rounding up hats and gloves and coats. Then out into the world of white we went...


Libby had some trouble walking in the snow.


Luckily, she has a good big sister to haul her up the hill!




In no time at all Anna was rolling in the fluffy cold stuff.


Libby was not so sure about it...


Especially after she had a layer of ice crusted to her pants.


Soon the noses started running and hands got cold so we went inside.(Actually, while I was shoveling the driveway Libby began shrieking. She had removed her gloves to be able to grab handfuls of snow to eat. I guess she experienced that burning cold for the first time and wasn't at all impressed.)


Boots were stomped on the porch and all layers had to be carefully stripped so as not to fling icey snow everywhere. But even with the pile of soggy outerwear to clean up after, I have to say, it was a fun time!

2 comments:

  1. So nice to hear that you got some of the white stuff to enjoy. We have alot on the ground but I was at work all day so didn't get to enjoy it nor did I have my little buddies to enjoy it with, except for the Buddy who really enjoys springing through it! Got the baby I've been waiting for. C/S at 1140 am and I was called out to work so I fulfilled my promise to be her nurse.All went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that the girls got to go play in the snow a bit! They are adorable! I love that Anna is so helpful with Libby (I just hope that it really is helpful and not one of those, "No Anna! Wait! Don't do THAT!" Ha.)

    We've played in our snow a little bit, but we didn't get a chance to go out in it this past weekend like we wanted to due to a leaky roof situation. Grrr. We hope to get out with Abby this weekend if we still have snow.

    ReplyDelete