Friday, January 29, 2010

It's a...well...HECTIC life!

I haven't been able to keep up with this blog as much as I had hoped to. One reason being that my life just isn't that fascinating =), and also because I've been so busy. Between staff meetings, and PTF meetings, and Anna's homework, and my schoolwork, and an incorrigible toddler, and housework, and cooking, and.....the list could go on and on. The only reason I can catch up today is because I'm taking a sick day at home with a stomach bug. Lovely.


I do need to take a moment to brag on Anna. She really struggled with reading and phonics at the beginning of the school year. To the point that we were considering a pretty significant learning disability (still haven't ruled it out completely). However, over the past few months she has made amazing strides and is picking up new words daily! A few nights ago I was putting her to bed and had her read me a Biscuit book. She read just about the entire book! I was so proud of her! She only needed help with the words that went against phonics rules (come, quiet, etc).


As for Libby.....she still our wild child. My favorite moments of the day with her are when I pick her up at her babysitter's. She greets me with such pure joy! I also love bedtime and wake up time. She loves to snuggle as we rock and listen to music at night - it's one of the rare times when she is still and calm. And when I wake her up in the morning, she's smiling even before she's completely awake. She definitely has me wrapped around her little finger! Which is a good thing when she's throwing her food on the floor, flinging DvD cases around the living room, "loving" the cat alittle too much, and constantly trying to climb over the back of the couch!


To add to our already hectic life, I am going to start taking grad classes this summer. After researching the many colleges in the area, I think I've finally settled on Eastern Kentucky University. I will be getting my Masters in Middle Grade Education, with an emphasis on Social Studies. Yea!!! I'm really excited about the future possibilities this degree will open up. I am enjoying teaching the big kids this year - and I love teaching history!


Lastly, here's a picture from last year at this time. It doesn't look like we will be getting a repeat of the icey white stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment