Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas....

Today is officially the first day of Christmas vacation!  Woohoo!  I must say I've been looking forward to it for quite a few weeks now, and the two snow days this past week have not diminished my appreciation one bit.  A break from 6am wake up calls, no packing lunches, pj days....wonderful!  The icing on the cake is that I am also on break from grad work.  I finished up my semester with my 4.0 GPA intact.  I had considered taking next semester off, but I decided to keep on plugging, so I registered for an economics (no, not HOME Economics) course that starts January 10th.
 
The day dawned chilly, but not nearly so bitterly cold as it has been.  (For the record - according to our local news, we typically average about 16 inches of snow a YEAR here in Central Kentucky.  This month alone - the one we're only half way through! - we've already received over 8 inches!  This will probably change after today when I got out and buy the girls some snow pants and get myself a pair of boots.)

The ice that came wreaked havoc with the transportation system this week added a pretty, glittery finish to my backyard.

Very festive, I must say!
Anna and Libby took advantage of the snow to get in some sledding.  I admit I had anticipated our slopey backyard to have more impressive sledding.  At best it was a slow coast.  (Well, except when I tried to demonstrate the "run and jump" technique....and ended up sliding off the sled and into the snow...glad that was NOT a Kodak moment!)



Behold!  The newest Olympic sport - Downhill Backyard Toddler Luge!

You're never too young to practice the fine art of snow shoveling!

I just realized I never got a picture of our backyard after we planted our trees....  It has changed since we first moved in not quite 6 months ago!
We have a houseguest today!  Meet Jasmine!

I'm not sure if Jazzy is enjoying the attention here or not....
And it has finally happened.  I put Libby down for a nap in her crib today and went downstairs.  Minutes later I heard a door shut from upstairs and went to investigate, only to find Libby grinning at me from the top of the stairs.  She has finally figured out how to climb out of her crib.  Not surprising since she's been climbing into her crib for some time now!

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed the snow pics and Jasmine is a really neat looking pooch! Give my babies a hug from Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Love the fence & trees. And toddler luge is a GREAT sport! Sorry you didn't get better actual sliding going on...

    Just work on perfecting that run & jump technique...you don't want to skip off the sled over the fence!

    ReplyDelete