Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snowy Days and Twisted Muscles

President's Day dawned bright and cold, and with a fresh layer of snow. Bill Meck was calling for snow showers and it seemed the perfect day to go play!

How I wish I would have been lazy and STAYED INSIDE!!!!

As I was shoveling a path to my mailbox (I belatedly realized President's Day would have no mail...) I twisted wrong and felt a twinge. Uh-oh. But I carried on and pushed the piled up snow away from the driveway and across the street.

By the time I got the kids inside, dried off and warmed up my back was achey, but nothing too terrible.

By Tuesday night I couldn't move. Just.Couldn't.Move. Today I can move - barely - not enough to brave the elements and venture to school. I could picture myself slipping on ice and then getting stuck in the parking lot like a beached whale. No, thank you. So I'm resting up and praying for a full recovery soon! I'm so sick of snow and ice!!

In the meantime, since I am stuck at home with no fresh reading material, I'll blog.

Anna, I will brag, has been in a very helpful mood lately. When she saw me shoveling snow she begged to help out. So I handed her a shovel and broom and let her attack the porch.


Isn't she cute?

Libby also had a fun time playing in the snow. Even with a runny nose and crazy hair, I thought her rosy cheeks were still irresitably adorable.

On another note, my parents were visiting over the weekend. Earl and I got to get out to Lexington and enjoy some kid-free time, along with the movies AVATAR (highly recommend) and The Lightning Thief (don't waste your time if you've read the book). We also found our stocky child a pair of jeans that she'll actually wear!

I also got a photo of my parents with both girls. The dog was not cooperating and was subsequently cropped out. =)


Have I mentioned I'm ready for spring???!

No comments:

Post a Comment