Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And We Put it All Together...

This is not our house. This is the Model House. Ironically, we unknowingly chose many of the same features we had seen (and had apparently forgotten about).

This weekend we had our good friends from Pittsburgh visiting and we took them on a tour through the Model Home. Earl and I got a kick out of seeing some things we had chosen (from tiny little swatches at the Dec Center) actually installed in a real house!

This is the stone we chose for the front of our house. This was the toughest decision, so I was quite happy to see it all looks great together!



The standard deck on the back...



The kitchen.....ahhhh....the kitchen. I can't wait to see my kitchen when it is all put together! We chose the same flooring and cabinets, and same appliances, but our counters are different.

These counters were our second choice. I really like these counters! (Let the second-guessing BEGIN!) But all I could think about was how the bread crumbs would show up like glowing beacons of light against the dark slate color....




I'm thinking we will need to upgrade our faucet.... heh heh heh

The living room that isn't ours. Ours is slightly wider and slightly shorter, and we will have a fireplace where that middle window is.


A similar railing.....we opted for the white spindles instead of wrought iron.

The tub. I've always wanted a big soaking tub. This one shall be mine! I might even share with Earl. ;-)

We're going with the standard white tile....I'm liking this gray stuff, though! And our shower will be frosted glass, because I'd like to spend more quality time with my family and less with Windex...



And the lot....

From the backyard looking towards the road...



Back corner looking left. Wave at the Kellers!


Front right corner.


And front left corner.

On our current home front....today was the inspection and appraisal. We haven't heard anything yet, so we're praying for a clean bill of house health!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all put together in 3 or 4 very short months....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend. I can't wait to see your house. I know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete